VIH Aerospace MCP01 Master Caution Panel Receives EASA Approval, Introduces New Options
VIH Aerospace (VIHA – www.vihaerospace.com), a provider of global helicopter maintenance, manufacturing, repair and overhaul (MMRO) receives European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) approval (STC#: #100577794) for its aftermarket replacement MCP01 master caution panel (Model #: MCP-001) for the Bell 212 and 412 series helicopters.
The MCP01 has held both Transport Canada and a Federal Aviation Administration supplemental type certificates since 2014, and operators have anxiously awaited EASA approval.
"With receipt of the EASA approval, we can now offer the MCP01 to Bell 212 and Bell 412 helicopter operators outside North America; whereby, in some cases, they have been requesting to purchase the product since its introduction in 2014. We have had orders on our books since that time, and we’re pleased to fill these orders and have the MCP01 Master Caution Panel flying internationally in Bell 212 and 412 helicopters," says Arne Arneson, general manager of VIH Aerospace.
VIH Aerospace now offers the following product configurations (with no core return requirement) with Transport Canada, FAA and EASA approvals:
- MCP01-000: with state recorder
- MCP01-000N: with state recorder and NVG
- MCP01-100: without state recorder
- MCP01-100N: without state recorder & with NVG
The VIH Aerospace MCP01 Master Caution Panel is developed to offer substantial improvements over the Bell 212 and Bell 412 original equipment manufacturer (OEM) panels, making the helicopter safer, more reliable, and reducing direct operator costs while mitigating potential lost revenue associated by high rates of failure experienced with the OEM panels.
The MCP01 master caution panel features enhancements that include:
- an estimated 23,000-hour mean time before failure
- a plug-and-play design, utilizing existing wiring and connectors
- a reduced weight by 50%
- a reduction in current by 75%, causing it to run cooler
- operates with or without a ‘state recorder’ to digitally monitor and record multiple annunciator status in real time (2000+ events) for output/use in helicopter flight data.
VIH Aerospace also offers a comprehensive suite of MMRO services including:
- component repair and overhaul
- structural repair
- avionics and electrical modifications
- upgrades and installations
- aircraft refurbishment and completions
- scheduled inspections
- product engineering
- supplemental type certificate development
- parts/special operations equipment sales.
Aircraft types supported by VIHA include:
- Sikorsky S-61/S-76/ S-92
- Bell Helicopter 205/206/212/407/222/230
- Airbus AS350/AS355/EC130