Aircraft Mechanic I / UH-60
Y-Tech Services, Inc. is seeking an Aircraft Mechanic I. The Aircraft Mechanic I is responsible for ensuring that aircraft and their equipment is functioning safely and efficiently. They service, repair and overhaul various aircraft components and systems including airframes, engines, electrical and hydraulic systems propellers, avionics equipment and aircraft instruments. Essential functions of the Aircraft Mechanic I are as follows:
- Troubleshoot malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems.
- Repair, replace, rebuild aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including riggings, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun and drills
- Read and interpret manufacturer#8217;s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning components
- Perform progressive inspections to detect and diagnose malfunctions such as burnt valves corrosion, foreign object damage, warping, wear, distortions, etc.
- Replace or repair worn or damaged parts such as carburetors, alternators, fuel controls, fuel pumps, oil pumps, etc.
- Adjust, repair or replace electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories
- Perform preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections
- Perform miscellaneous duties to service aircraft such as flushing crankcase, cleaning screens and filters, greasing moving parts and checking brakes
- The Mechanic I may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- High School Diploma / Equivalent or FAA A&P License
- Completed a military aircraft repairer school for one of the following aircraft CH-47D/F/G, H-60A/L/M, OH-58D, UH-1, AH-64A/D/E, T-6.
- Repair course completed must be the same as the aircraft in the job title.
- A minimum of 6 years#8217; experience in aircraft maintenance or three years verifiable RDT&E experience in rotary wing aircraft Army Aviation maintenance
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance
Y-Tech offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disabilities, protected military or veteran status. To apply for this position, or view all of our job openings, visit us online at www.yulista.com, click on career opportunities.