Aircraft Sheetmetal and Composite Repair Technician
Type: Hourly Non-ExemptPay Rate: Dependent upon Experience with Excellent Benefits Package Precision Heli-Support, LLC is a FAA Part 145 Repair Station looking for an Aircraft Sheetmetal and Composite Repair Technician. The successful candidate will have the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.JOB SUMMARY: Perform repairs and maintenance in accordance with applicable FAA regulations, Repair Station manual, and manufacturer#8217;s instructions with little to no supervision, to include performing off-site maintenance and travel. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Using hand tools, power tools, machines, and associated equipment.
- Reads and interprets manufacturer#8217;s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, airworthiness directives, engineering drawings and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Specialize in perform structural repairs on metal and composite aircraft to procedures in aircraft structural repair manual, engineering drawings or AC 43-13.
- Must have a basic set of hand tools required to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to pass drug test.
- Occasional travel required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Assemble, modify and install structural assemblies.
- Perform modifications using blueprints schematics and process specifications.
- Preform simple to moderate sheet metal and composite repairs.
- Knowledge in the use of OEM Manuals.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to be onboard aircraft in flight.
- Must be able to read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, etc.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3 years Sheetmetal experience on fixed wing aircraft and or rotor wing.
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe & Power plant (A&P) certificate preferred
Benefits include:401(K) Plan with Employer Match, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid PTO, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Life insurance, Short term and long term disability, Full Holiday Schedule and more.This company, its subsidiaries, and joint ventures will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation, protected veterans status, or sexual orientation. All selection, hiring, and promotion decisions will be based on valid job related requirements consistent with performance of the essential functions of the position. This policy is in keeping with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Acts, as amended, and other applicable federal and state laws. Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given qualified to the Corporation#8217;s Shareholders, Alaska Natives and American Indians in all phases of employment.