Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Maverick Helicopters, a Part 135 tour operator, is selecting candidates for a full-time A&P Line Mechanic position based in Las Vegas, Nevada. Successful candidate will be expected to perform all facets of daily, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on company fleet. They will be troubleshooting airframe, engine and electrical systems; replacing engines, transmissions and other components as necessary. Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Some overtime may be required.
- Experience maintaining Eurocopter EC130B4 helicopters is preferred.
- A good working knowledge of helicopter airframes and engines, as well as advanced troubleshooting skills, is expected.
- Additional skills and abilities desired:
- Paint Application and Preparation
- Sheet Metal Fabrication and Repair
- Carbon Fiber and Fiberglass Composite Repair
Wage and benefit packages are above average. It includes major medical (PPO/HMO), dental, vision, 401K (with matching), paid vacation, sick leave and available supplemental insurance. Medical premiums are covered for the employee.
- Possess current FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate (A&P) with no enforcement action(s) pending
- Able to work any shift.
- Professional that is able to work as a team member or independently.
- Able to use calibrated, hand and specialized tools.
- Able to understand and properly use aircraft manuals.
- Able to document work as per regulations in the way of maintenance entries.
- Able to manage time and duties effectively.
- Possess quality decision making capability and mental alertness to ensure safety.
- Must be in good physical condition.
- Able to lift and carry 70 pounds repeatedly.
- Able to work in varying conditions, stand for long periods of time, fit in tight spaces, climb aircraft and support stands, fly on-board company aircraft when necessary.