AP Certified Technician (BK117, EC135)-Orlando, FL
Metro Aviation is seeking an A&P Helicopter Technician with exceptional skills for our Florida Flight base Orlando, FL location. Metro Aviation is driven by its safety culture and demonstrates that commitment to safety by providing its Technicians with industry-leading training and modern, well equipped shops. We are seeking aviation professionals that share our passion for safety and excellence in operations
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, repair and building of engines in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required duties.
- Diagnoses problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Detects errors and correct through proper departmental channels.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Work independently and efficiently without immediate supervision.
- Part 135 Operations experience a PLUS
- 3 years#8217; experience with Turbine Rotor Craft/Airplane
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificate required
- Experience with multiple Rotor Craft to include AS350, EC 135, EC145, Bell 407 a PLUS
- Ability to effectively use the English language, both oral and written, to communicate information to others.
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel and E-mail.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Commitment to company values and ethics.
Physical/Work Environment:While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls: reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals. Work around machinery with moving parts. Specialized PPE may be required. The noise level in the work environment typically is usually moderate.