AP Tech (Crew Chief)-OCONUS RW
Thu, 12/14/2017 - 17:25
- The maintaining of aircraft and their associated engines and sub-systems to ensure airworthiness. Perform maintenance for S61.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Repairs, replaces and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as cowlings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units; using hand tools, power tools, machines and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun and drills.
- Reads and interprets manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other related documentation to determine feasibility and method of altering or repairing the aircraft and it's associated components, determining the airworthiness of the aircraft and it's associated components and replacement for malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Inspects engines and their associated components for airworthiness; repairs or replaces defective engine parts and associated components; removes and installs engines onto the aircraft.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and replaces electrical wiring and associated components. Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including hydraulic system servicing, engine oil replenishment, aircraft systems lubrication, aircraft fueling, etc.
- Interacts with Company maintenance control, the customer and manufacturer in matters that concern the airworthiness of the aircraft, operational readiness of the aircraft and issues related to the troubleshooting of the aircraft's system.
- Must know the maintenance sections of the certificate holder's maintenance manual, the operations specifications, the provisions and applicable parts of FAR Part 135. Monitor passenger carry-on baggage for weight and size.
- Determine if any carry-on baggage needs to be placed in the baggage/cargo compartment. Assist passengers with carry-on baggage to ensure proper stowage.
- Determine if any passenger is transporting hazardous materials. Determine if passengers seated in the emergency exit seats meet requirements.
- Reseat passengers in emergency exit seats, if necessary. Monitor cabin for any irregularities and report to the Captain using established procedures.
- Determine if any passengers may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Shall meet all applicable FAA regulatory requirements including maintenance of adequate rest periods before each flight. Must ensure that passengers are fully briefed regarding the use and location of aircraft seat belts, flotation devices (if required) and emergency exits and the use of Portable Electronic Devices.
- Must conduct emergency evacuation under the direction of the PIC. In the event that both PIC and SIC (and other pilots on duty) become incapacitated, the Flight Mechanic must take command and ensure the safety of the passengers.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Position is located overseas in austere environments with a deployment rotation schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must have current FAA issued Mechanic certificate with both Airframe & Powerplant ratings.
AAR Airlift Group, Inc.
Niamey, Niamey Niger
- Must have prior experience maintaining specific assigned aircraft S61.
- Must have at least 5 years Rotor Wing experience.
- Must have exercised the privilege of their A&P License for a minimum of 6 months of the previous 24 months.
- Must have experience with working from blueprint drawings, diagram, specifications, service manuals, sketches, templates and other incomplete data.
- Strong Electrical/Avionics background a plus.