BASIC JOB SUMMARYTo function as a Base Mechanic in accordancewith Air Evac EMS, Inc. (AEEMS) General Operations Manual and Policies andProcedures.To assist with coverage ofopen shifts as needed in assigned area. DUTIES
- Maintains the aircraft in a safe and efficient mannerwith emphasis on compliance with the A.A.I.P.
- Submit all appropriate paperwork in a neat and timelymanner.
- Report any major malfunctions, aircraft damage to theappropriate individuals in the most expeditious manner.
- Present him/her self in a neat and professional mannerwhile carrying out his duties with the Company.
- Actively promote the Company's public relationsimage.He/she will provide the customerwith courteous, efficient, and safe service.
- Refer any questions from the media to the Public
- Relations Department.This excludesnormal questions of a PR nature.
- Wash, wax, and clean aircraft as needed along withnurse, paramedic, and pilot..
- Perform housekeeping duties required to keep thehangar area neat, clean, and presentable.
- Becoming thoroughly acquainted with all relevant localPolicies and Procedures.
- Monitor aircraft maintenance status and maintainliaison with the regional maintenance personnel to ensure proper and timelyscheduled and unscheduled maintenance is accomplished.
- Keep the Regional Maintenance Manager, informed of alloperational matters that should be brought to the attention of Companymanagement.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Read, understand and interpret maintenance manuals,technical websites, written & verbal instructions.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, a mechanic must beable to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed beloware representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Education/Experience
- High School or Training Equivalent
- Current A & P required
- Current States Drivers License
- Two years experience in helicopter maintenance