Blue Hawaiian Helicopters- A P Mechanic
Job SummaryThe Mechanic is responsible to ensure that maintenance performed by he/she is accomplished is in accordance with the Company Operation Specifications Approved by the FAA, (for air carriers), Company Maintenance Policies/Procedure(s) and in accordance with the FAA and Manufacturers Airworthiness Standards as prescribed by applicable regulations, directives and good industry standard practices, for each type of aircraft, power plant or equipment that this company maintains. The position will be based in Hawaii at one of the Blue Hawaiian Maintenance Bases and may require travel to other bases as necessary. The classification of this position is broad and assigned specific functional areas; duties and assignments may overlap depending on the operational needs of the department. Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Responsible to the maintenance Supervisor/Manager for the #8220;efficient#8221; performance of his/her assigned duties.
- Ensuring that safety is the primary factor in maintenance performed and that regardless of scheduling or peer pressure that the maintenance performed on an aircraft, powerplant or related article was performed safely and IAW applicable FAA regulations and Company requirements, prior to the approval for return to service.
- Responsible to ensure that the maintenance and documenting of maintenance performed is done in accordance with the FAA regulations and company policy/procedures, as applicable for the tasks they perform.
- Ensure that they do not perform maintenance on an aircraft, powerplant or related article that they are not qualified on, in accordance with the applicable FAA regulations.
- #8220;Pass down#8221; the current status of any #8220;partially completed#8221; work to another #8220;on sight#8221; mechanic. If this is not performed he/she SHALL document the status of this #8220;partially completed#8221; work in the maintenance #8220;Pass Down#8221; log prior to leaving the ongoing maintenance task or project.
- Responsible to ensure accountability for all tooling, expendable items, parts and company owned equipment utilized by him/her during the performance of maintenance on an aircraft, powerplant or related article.
- Inform the Supervisor/Maintenance Manager of any shortcomings that may arise regarding the technical manuals, specifications or serviceability of equipment and tools required to perform their assigned maintenance tasks.
- Provide recommendations for additional training or process improvements as they deem necessary, to the Supervisor/Maintenance Manager, as applicable.
- When assigned to work #8220;directly#8221; with an Apprentice Mechanic or Mechanic Helper, the certified mechanic is responsible for the direct supervision of the maintenance performed by the apprentice mechanic or helper.
- Ensure that facilities, aircraft, ground support equipment and work areas are maintained in a clean and organized manner and IAW company standards.
- Ensure that maintenance records entries for #8220;work performed#8221; are completed properly and IAW FAA requirements and applicable company policies and or procedures. He/she shall also ensure that that maintenance records are submitted in a timely manner and IAW company policy, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Subject to applicable laws and Air Repair LLC and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees mustfollow Air Repair LLC and Blue Hawaiian Helicopters employment practices and policies. Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, the company will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden sodisabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position. Education & Experience
- Must possess valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate.
- Manufacturer#8217;s and company training on Eurocopter/Turbomeca AS350B2 and EC130B4 and EC130T2 a plus.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Have good communication skills, read and write the English language.
- Possess the ability to work independently
- Ability to comply with company and regulatory rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate good and sound judgment.
- Hand tools, specialized manufacturers tools, diagnostic, measuring and analyzing equipment.
- Use of aircraft maintenance manuals and technical documentation.
- Requires flexible and analytical thinking and outstanding organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and objectivity in decision making is essential.
- Must be comfortable in making firm decisions relative to safety in all situations.
Licensing & Certifications:
- Must possess a valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificate.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills required.
Physical RequirementsNote: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
- Flexibility in working under various types of weather and temperature conditions.
- Comfortable and safe in working near operating aircraft.
- May come into contact with cleaning fluids, solvents oils and fuels.
- Able to lift 70 pounds, climb and work in high areas such as transmission decks.
- Able to fly on board aircraft.
- Able to walk up 14 foot ladders and or work stands while carrying one end of a main rotor blade and the ability to lift the main rotor blade into proper position for installation with assistance on the other end of the blade.
- Able to fit into tight places and work on feet during entire work shift.
- 40-60 hour workweek depending on workload.