Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services Inc. is a state-of-the-art helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul provider for Engines, Dynamic Components, Structures and Avionics.
We have an opening for a Certification Technician in Engineering for the Langley Operations Department. This position will report to the Supervisor, Engineering and will be based in the Langley facility, Hangar 14.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage related activities to the approval of modifications on Aircraft projects and meeting the delivery schedule of the projects as assigned by the department Supervisor.
- Ensure all work carried out is supported by the required, approved Certification documentation.
- Create necessary documentation in the pursuit of new Supplemental Type Certificates. (Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, Flight Manual Supplements, Project Certification Plans, etc.)
- Create working relationships with required regulatory personnel. (FAA, Transport Canada, Japanese Civil Aviation Authority, EASA, etc.)
- Liaise with customers, on occasion, regarding technical issues.
- SRED Project Support (Tax Credit for Research & Development projects)
- Assist with the creation of AutoCad drawings when not occupied with Certification duties.
- Ensure all required company and regulatory forms have been correctly filled out.
- Applicable competencies, aptitudes and qualifications are:
- Minimum 8 years experience in a related field, training background with Canadian Aviation Regulations, Federal Aviation Regulations,
- Company Maintenance Policy Manual, Applicable Company Standard Practices, Transport Canada Approved Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
- Program, Category E (or equivalent from other country)
- Working knowledge of Avionics and Aircraft Manufacturer#8217;s product lines in Bendix King, Honeywell, Garmin, NAT for Bell, Sikorsky, Eurocopter
- Strong communication skills and the ability to prepare detailed technical reports and specifications.
- Advance knowledge of AutoCad, working knowledge of Internet Explorer, MS Office and Airsoft
- Flexible, cooperative, organized, self motivated, ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team
- Able to work overtime as needed
To apply, forward your resume and cover letter to HR quoting the Competition Number 12-014-C. Only applicants considered to be the most qualified will be interviewed. Please send resumes via email: careers.HSNA@vectoraerospace.com