EMS Base Lead Technician - Wetumpka, AL
The Lead Technician is a supervisory and support position intended to provide direct supervision to the Base Maintenance Technicians in the program, as assigned.Provides aircraft technical support, maintenance planning and parts expediting.Provides daily, short-term, and long-term planning, management and oversight of the Field maintenance activities and Base Technicians as assigned.Additional duties as assigned by the Regional Maintenance.
- Executing all duties assigned to Base Technicians including all scheduled maintenance, hourly time reporting, days off, vacation, and other administrative issues.
- Communicating and coordinating with the Base Technicians, Regional Maintenance Manager and the applicable Regional Operational Manager, the scheduling of maintenance for base aircraft considering such factors as workflow, location of equipment, facilities, tools, parts, supplies, manpower and job requirements.
- Communicating and coordinating with the Regional Maintenance Manager, Base Manager, and applicable Regional Operational Manager to provide relief schedules for all assigned Base Technicians taking into consideration workflow and manpower availability.
- Communicating and coordinating with the customer in regards to scheduled, unscheduled maintenance and other information as necessary to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Coordinating technical and logistical support for all assigned field based maintenance activities. This includes participation in after company hours support team.
- Serving as liaison between OEM#8217;s and Base Maintenance Technicians on technical matters.
- Assisting in the coordination of schedules for specialized labor and roving relief maintenance technicians
- Assisting Regional Maintenance Manager with schedule outline and act as regional representative in the absence of the Regional Maintenance Manager.
- Promoting the professional development of Base Maintenance Technicians to ensure each is properly trained and equipped to perform assigned tasks.
- Establishing and maintaining base equipment and inventory lists for each model aircraft.
- Coordinate new base starts and participate in initial training of technicians.
- Reviewing and approving materials requests generated by the bases.
- Participating in the hiring process and adjudication of disciplinary actions of the Base Maintenance Technicians, as assigned.
- Removing an aircraft from service when the Lead Technician determines the aircraft is not airworthy.
- Returning an aircraft to service after the performance of maintenance in accordance with the procedures contained in the MAI Operations Manual.
- Interfacing with other Lead Technicians to obtain technical assistance when required
- Interfacing with other Lead technicians regarding assistance in obtaining parts when an AOG situation occurs and normal parts acquisition channels have been exhausted
- Working with Base Maintenance Technicians on a proactive basis to provide new information when it becomes available.
- Interfacing with the manufacturer to obtain technical information and documentation when required to provide support to the bases.
- Company#8217;s Operations Specifications
- Metro Aviation Operations Manual
- Approved Aircraft Inspection Program (AAIP)
- Safety Management System Manual
- Hazardous Materials
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Company Minimum Equipment List Manuals (MEL)
- Any additional training assigned by the Regional Maintenance Manager
- Honesty, integrity and a commitment to maintaining safe compliant aircraft.
- Current FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic Certificate, Inspection Authorization a plus.
- 5 years of FAR 135 Rotorcraft maintenance experience.
- 3 years of experience maintaining program type aircraft.
- 3 years of previous experience as a Field Based EMS Technician.
- Strong electrical and avionics troubleshooting ability.
- Responsible to have a thorough knowledge of the companies policies/procedures, Operations Manual and Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Maintenance planning and scheduling skills.
- Requires the ability and/or willingness to work days, nights, weekends, and on-call during the month.
- Possesses sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Some travel required.
- Knowledgeable of the appropriate maintenance and airworthiness requirements of 14 CFR 1, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 39, 43, 45, 47, 65, 91, 119, and 135