Engine Health Monitoring Engineer (HUMS)
Location: Dallas, TX or Vancouver, BC, MULTIPLE Reach Beyond! CHC provides unmatched helicopter services that enable our customers to reach beyond #8211; to work in remote and challenging destinations that limit others #8211; and come home safely. We are dedicated to our purpose of getting our customers where they need to be, when they need to be there, anywhere in the world #8211; safely and reliably. CHC Helicopter has an opportunity for a Engine Health Monitoring Engineer. Reporting to the Fleet Technical Manager, this position is primarily responsible for Engine Health Monitoring and related programs. Reviews daily maintenance operations, in-service events and repetitive or longstanding defects and recommends appropriate remedial action as related to Engines fitted to CHC#8217;s fleet. Provides technical support and guidance to the Maintenance Support Centre and Worldwide Engineering Operations. Building effective relationships both within CHC and H1 but also the Equipment Manufacturer. Responsibilities:
- Create feedback loop for engine health monitoring programs / performance trends (in house and vendors) and monitor for changes. (Arriel, GE, Pratt &Whitney and Makila)
- In collaboration with CoE#8217;s, create customized inspection and cleaning tasks for specific engine types and operational environments based on removal and performance analysis.
- Assist with troubleshooting engine performance issues.
- Create and own #8220;engine management manual / EO#8217;s#8221; which would outline CHC#8217;s policies and procedures regarding
- Engine Health monitoring. Specifying consumables, equipment etc.
- Set the cadence and agenda for reporting on engine trends, early warnings and or close monitoring of engines so that strategic decisions can be made and or recovery efforts are closely monitored.
- Initiate and follow through on tear down reports for engine removals. Determine route cause and implement corrective / preventative actions.
- Ensure Maintenance Program compliance, effectiveness and reliability for assigned aircraft types. Including:
- Determining the root cause and preventative actions for items identified in AMP effectiveness report
- Mandatory occurrence reporting.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Maintenance Support Centre and Worldwide Engineering Operations
- Duties and responsibilities as defined by Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition (or equivalent)
- Employees must comply with and adhere to all company policies
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- International travel may be required.
- Bachelor#8217;s Degree preferred
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (LAE,A&P,AME or equivalent) preferred
- 10 years Civil Aviation
- 5 years Continuing Airworthiness or maintenance support experience.
- Hands on aircraft / power plant maintenance preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with a global, virtual team
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrated Initiative and proactive approach to complex business environment
Please apply ONLINE at www.chcheli.com to be considered for this position. CHC welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability. If required we are able to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with a disability throughout the selection process. We fully comply with all local, national and regional regulations governing employment practices. Alternate formats are available upon request to EmploymentEquity@chcheli.com. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted. No phone calls!