Field Based AP Helicopter Technician -Decorah, IA
***TOP PAY FOR QUALIFIED TECHNICIAN + SIGN ON BONUS *** ***ALL COMPANY MEDICAL/DENTAL BENEFITS PAID BY METRO AVIATION*** Metro Aviation has an immediate need for an A&P Helicopter Technician with exceptional skills for our Base located in La Crosse, WI. Metro Aviation is driven by its safety culture and demonstrates that commitment to safety by providing its Technicians with industry-leading training and modern, well equipped shops. We are seeking aviation professionals that share our passion for safety and excellence in operations. Metro Aviation prides itself on superior benefits which include:
- Medical & Dental Insurance for the employee & family - paid by Metro (This can be waived, and the employee is reimbursed $5,000 per year.)
- Sick leave - 6 days per year
- Short Term Disability insurance premium is paid 100% by Metro. Pays 2/3 of pay for up to 90 days. Covers loss of medical certificate.
- 401K plan with company match of 75% of the first 5% of your contributions
- Long Term Disability insurance is offered at a minimal charge. Pays 2/3 of pay for up to age 65 for full disability or up to 28 months for loss of medical certificate.
- Paid vacation (from 5 to 15 days annually depending on your length of employment)
- Paid overtime (paid at 1.5 times your current salary)
- Paid Holidays (7 #8211; Additional #189; day#8217;s pay if you work on the holiday)
- Continuing Education program to assist you with college or additional ratings (reimbursed 50% of actual cost)
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:•Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, repair and building of engines in accordance with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specifications.•Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required duties.•Diagnoses problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.•Detects errors and correct through proper departmental channels.•Complies with all company policies and procedures and safety requirements.•Performs other duties as assigned by Crew Chief, Engine Repair Shop.•Work independently without immediate supervision. Qualifications:•Part 135 Operations experience a PLUS•3 years#8217; experience with Turbine Rotor Craft/Airplane•FAA Airframe and Power Plant Certificate required•Experience with multiple Rotor Craft to include AS350, EC 135, EC145, Bell 407 a PLUS•Ability to effectively use the English language, both oral and written, to communicate information to others.•Basic computer skills in Word, Excel and E-mail.•Good interpersonal and communication skills.•Strong team player.•Commitment to company values and ethics. Physical/Work Environment:While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls: reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals. Work around machinery with moving parts. Specialized PPE may be required. The noise level in the work environment typically is usually moderate.