INL Pilot, RW (CH-46) SP - USA, FL - (5780)
SUMMARY:Responsible for conducting Rotary Wing (RW) crew member training and evaluations, standardization administration, i.e. flight records, AWIS, publications and references. Monitor flight instruction to include aircraft transition training, annual proficiency reviews, and flight evaluations. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the selection and training process of new crewmembers into the Program.
- Conduct academic and hands-on performance training and administers evaluations to ensure crewmember proficiency and standardization of training in addition to maintaining individual IATFs and completing AWIS entries.
- Ensure all rotary wing RCMs and NRCMs are fully integrated into the ATP, train and evaluates RCMs and NRCMs in their designated aircraft.
- Ensure compliance with all Standardization Directives, Aircrew Training Manuals, and ATP requirements.
- Develop individual flight training plans in support of the organizations mission and ATP.
- Oversee maintenance of crew member flight records, weight and balance calculations, and risk assessments.
- Monitor crew member proficiency in phases of mission planning and flight operations to ensure compliance with policies and directives.
- Maintain knowledge of additions and changes to all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and documentation integral to contract operations.
- Train and qualify crew members to fly both single and multi-ship day, night, and Night Vision Goggle (NVG) missions; primarily under visual and instrument meteorological conditions.
- Maintain NVG currency and Instrument proficiency.
- Perform duties as Pilot, Pilot-in-Command, Instructor Pilot, Air Mission Commander, or Flight Lead.
- Perform routine OCONUS travel and within CONUS travel as required
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/ CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED.
- FAA Commercial and Instrument Airmans Certificate Rotorcraft Helicopter.
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit.
- Current FAA Class II Medical Certificate.
- FAA CFI/CFI.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2,500 total rotary wing flight hours including 1000 hours of turbine engine time.
- Night Vision Goggle (NVG) qualified and 300 hours of NVG experience.
- 500 hours turbine instructor pilot or check pilot time.
- One (1) year managing a flight training program.
- Strong speaking and written communication skills.
- Prior SP or IP support in the US Military as a rated pilot and/or on the DoS INL/A program.
- Qualification in the applicable aircraft, UH-1H/H2/N/ST, CH-46E/BV-107, MD-530F, S-61.