Maintenance Test Pilot - AH-64D/E or D
TO APPLY, PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE WWW.ARMYFLEETSUPPORT.COM, CLICK ON THE CAREERS TAB AND ENTER REQUISITION #093265.L-3 ARMY FLEET SUPPORT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, PROTECTED VETERANS, AND DISABLED INDIVIDUALS TO APPLY. ARMY FLEET SUPPORT ENDORSES A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE. ALL APPLICANTS THEREFORE ARE SUBJECT TO POST-OFFER/PRE-EMPLOYMENT SUBSTANCE ABUSE TESTING. Performs flights and demonstrates proficiency during standardization flights on aircraft. Performs mathematical calculations required for weight and balance, performance data for take off, cruise, and landing configurations of aircraft in which the individuals are qualified.
Candidates for pilot positions with AFS must be a graduate of MTPC (Maintenance Test Pilot Course) specific to aircraft, have 1,000 hours First Pilot/Pilot In Command, and possess a valid FAA commercial Instrument Rating Certificate. Standardization Pilots must have all of the above in addition to CFI/II. All candidates must hold or be able to obtain a Class II FAA medical certificate.
- Must demonstrate successfully the ability to start, run-up, fly, navigate and land aircraft that the individual is qualified to operate.
- Must hold a valid and current FAA Commercial Pilot certificate with rotorcraft and instrument ratings in the aircraft class (fixed, rotary or both) for which a position is offered.
- Must hold a valid FAA instrument rating in the designated aircraft class for which job is offered.
- Must have recorded (and proof presented) a minimum of 1,000 hours as pilot in command in the specific aircraft class for which a position is offered.
- Must have recorded (and proof presented) a minimum of 1,500 hours of pilot in command in the specific aircraft class for which a position is offered with 500 hours experience in helicopters of which at least 250 hours must have been in the UH-1H or Bell 205 when assigned to the Air Force Project. Fifty percent of minimum flight time of pilot in command can be in commercial aircraft similar to or already in the Army or Air Force#8216;s inventory when position is offered.
- Must have satisfactorily completed a proficiency check, either Military (U.S. Army#8216;s UH-1H Maintenance Test Pilot Course) or FAA Test Flight Program in the UH-1H or Bell 205 when assigned to the Air Force Project.
- High School diploma or equivalent General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
- Maintenance Test Pilot Course graduation is a requisite for this job classification. Pilots flying OH-58D, CH-47D/F, AH-64D or UH-60 aircraft must be a MTPC graduate in that particular aircraft before assuming Maintenance Test Pilot duties in those aircraft.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole integers, common and decimal fractions.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, percentages, and interpolations necessary for aircraft and engine performance.
- Must hold a valid and current FAA or military Class II Medical Certificate as prescribed by the Government.
- Must undergo initially and annually thereafter, flight physical(s) prior to piloting an U.S. Army or Air Force aircraft.