Mechanical Engineer RD
The Design Engineer (R&D) must also be able to communicate and coordinate activities with other engineering disciplines and production as part of a team effort to achieve project completion in a timely manner. The candidate will handle all aspects of design engineering work which include but isn#8217;t limited to review of customer drawing and specification package, preliminary design review, critical design review, and product readiness review. This requires a self-motivated individual to design with regards to cost, manufacturability, and quality constraints in mind. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toHandle all aspects of design engineering work which include but isn#8217;t limited to review of customer drawing and specification package, preliminary design review, critical design review, and product readiness review.Responsibilities include control, integration and completion of engineering projects. Directly communicate with customers in the form of quotations, meetings and presentations to understand and define their needs. Understand and respond to customer requests, both verbal and written.Manage several projects at one time. Guide drafting, internal/external test labs, manufacturing, quality, and planning as required.Maintain Project schedule.Oversee product qualification/certification.Manage all changes and problems related to product assigned.Act as technical expert for the company for both internal and external customers.Coordinate PRR activities.10-20% travel (domestic and/or international) as necessary. Support production in regards to quality and manufacturing related issues as needed. Must be a U.S. persons.
- Knowledge of the design and use of RTD, Thermocouples, Speed Sensors, and Pressure Sensors and Wire Harness
- Must be able to work with customers to define and document requirements, address technical concerns and provide project status.
- Design for manufacturing and reliability #8211; understanding manufacturing processes #8211; Casting, machining (Injection molding not required) #8211;Stainless Steel, Aluminum &
- Super Alloy is a must (Titanium, Carbon Fiber and metallurgy is a plus
- Full product develop cycle #8211; Research different technology, data analysis, integrating research/data into final product that meets customer requirements/expectations
- Design experience within a 3D modeling/design environment #8211; Solid works is a plus (Catia is acceptable)
- Build own prototype, product development, design, manufacture and assemble fixtures, parts etc... (Hands on)
Qualifications & Experience - B. S. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent. - Minimum of 7+ years design engineering experience or practical training is required. - 5+ years in Aerospace industry preferred - Aircraft (fixed wing and rotary) cable, wiring harness and/or sensors knowledge a plus. brgt;