Aircraft Maintenance Test Pilot – WAATS
Special Applications Group (SAG) is seeking an experienced Aircraft Maintenance Test Pilot for a pre-award effort on the ANG ATSOS program.
SAG is a values-based, Service Disabled, Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with access, currency, and relevance throughout the Department of Defense and Homeland Security communities. We have an unmatched blend of military, special operations, aviation, homeland security and other specialists who bring responsive, tailored services and products to dynamic organizations.
* Full Time
ANTICIPATED START DATE
* TBD - Depends on contract award date
* Marana, AZ (Silver Bell Army Heliport)
* Conduct Maintenance Test Flights on UH-60 A/L and M model helicopters in direct support of the Army National Guard Aviation Training Site (AATS).
* Conduct Maintenance Test Flights to accept or check accomplishment of maintenance or modifications.
* Conduct Maintenance Test Flights to determine aircraft and component functionality according to predetermined specifications while subjected to the flight environment.
* Conduct Pre-Phase and Post-Phase Maintenance Test Flights.
* Conduct General Maintenance Test Flights (GMTF) and Limited Maintenance Test Flights (LMTF) to verify aircraft serviceability.
* Conduct maintenance test flights in accordance with prescribed aircraft manual and IAW Army regulations to meet unit maintenance objectives.
* Complete all aircrew training program (ATP) requirements IAW DCMA INST 8210-1C, AR 95-1, and the applicable aircrew training manual (ATM).
* Contract pilot shall participate in No-notice evaluation program.
* IAW with DCMA INST 8210-1C required to be qualified in mission, type, design, and if appropriate, series of aircraft and have no less than 1,000 hours pilot-in-command time with 300 hours in similar type aircraft for which duties will be performed.
* Contractor pilots who perform Maintenance Test Flights (MTFs) on Army Standard Aircraft, which have undergone maintenance, modification, or overhaul, or on new production aircraft, where a follow-up/acceptance MTF is not performed by the Government, shall be a graduate of the Army Maintenance Test Pilot Course or complete an equivalency evaluation conducted by the Directorate of Evaluation and Standardization (DES), U.S. Army Aviation Warfighting Center, Ft. Rucker, AL.
* FAA Commercial Pilot or Airline Transport Pilot Certificate.
* FAA Second Class flight physical required (Army Contractor pilots have the option of maintaining either an annual FAA Second Class Medical Certificate or an Army Class 2 FDME.
* High School Diploma
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package. Come join our dynamic team!
SAG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin.