AP Helicopter Mechanic - Prescott, AZ
Universal Helicopters, located in beautiful and historic Prescott, Arizona ( http://www.visit-prescott.com/) is currently accepting resumes for FAA certificated A&P Technicians to become part of their team of experienced technicians providing superior maintenance to its own fleet of Robinson R22, R44, R66 and Bell 206 helicopters. Universal Helicopters, a certificated Robinson Helicopters R22, R44 and R66 dealer and service center is an accredited FAA Part 141 approved flight school certificated for Private; Commercial; Instrument; Flight Instructor; Flight Instructor Instrument #8211; Initial and Add-On Certificates/Ratings, to include Turbine Conversion NVG certification in addition to Mountain & High Altitude certifications.
- Have a current FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanics Certificate.
- Applicant must have strong desire to work on helicopters.
- Be able to work well with others in a team environment or independently if needed.
- Troubleshoot and correct mechanical malfunctions or discrepancies.
- Have analytical abilities sufficient to handle technical and administrative details related to the job.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and deal courteously and professionally with students, instructors, pilots and co-workers alike.
- Applicant must have a high level of initiative and the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Applicant must have proficient computer skills, to include use of Microsoft Word.
- Have the ability to physically perform climbing, stooping, stretching, etc#8230; for operations related to the job and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Preferred, recent experience working full time as a helicopter mechanic on either the Robinson R22, R44 or R66 or any combination thereof.
- Preferred, recent Lycoming O-360 & O/IO-540 engine experience.
- Robinson and Rolls Royce RR300 Factory Maintenance Training Courses will be offered to qualified candidates in addition to supporting eligible individuals in receiving their FAA Inspection Authorization (IA).
Founded in 2000, Universal Helicopters has provided helicopter pilot training and flight instruction for people interested in careers in aviation, with helicopter flight school locations in Scottsdale AZ, Prescott, AZ, Provo, UT, Waco TX and Camarillo CA. Universal Helicopters takes great pride in offering the most highly advanced and exceptional professional helicopter flight training in the Robinson R22 Beta II, R44 Raven II, R66 and Bell 206 helicopters. For additional information visit us at http://www.universalheli.com