Field Mechanic - West TX Region
Field Mechanic - Born with a Wrench in Hand Ready for a fast-paced helicopter maintenance career? We now have an opening for a Field Mechanic supporting our West TX locations. Med-Trans Corp., one of the fastest-growing air-medical transportation companies in the U.S., is looking for an A&P helicopter mechanic who is dedicated to safe aircraft. Our Field Mechanics support the daily maintenance of the helicopters in their region. They perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, Inspections, repairs, and modifications to airframes, rotors and appliances in accordance with applicable manufacturer#8217;s, FAA, and Med-Trans Corporation regulations, policies, and procedures to the highest standards possible. This position requires full-time travel via ground and air.
- High School Diploma
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate as prescribed by FAR 65.
- Five (5) years as an A&P on turbine powered, helicopters.
- The individual must possess and project a professional image at all times.
- Must possess personally owned tools (Standard and/or Metric) appropriate for the mission.
- Knowledgeable of the Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a desire and ability to work as a team with Flight and Medical crews.
- Possess sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making.
- Comprehensive ability to work in a computerized environment. Comfortable working with MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook). Online familiarity is crucial.
- Must carry a pager/cell phone and be available for after hours/weekend maintenance issues that may arise.
- Ability to work long hours as needed, including days, nights, weekends, and some holidays to complete maintenance.
- IFR Helicopter avionics and auto pilot experience (as applicable to model).
- Inspection Authorization is a plus.Additional FAA/FCC ratings a plus.
- Related Associates Degree.
- Manufacturer#8217;s training or equivalent on the Bell Helicopter model 407, Eurocopter EC135 or both.
- Previous HEMS experience.
If your passion is helicopters and you#8217;re ready to work in an environment where every second counts, apply today! Med-Trans is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status or other non-merit factors.