Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Aircraft Maintenance Technician - Grand Prairie / Granbury, TexasCareFlite is the only nonprofit fully integrated medical transportation company serving North Central Texas. We bring help and hope to patients and families following a terrible trauma, a sudden medical event, or any medical transport. We are looking for Aircraft Maintenance Technician to provide excellent maintenance and positive support as part of the CareFlite team! Summary:CareFlite AMT#8217;s are responsible for maintenance, inspections, repairs and modifications of CareFlite aircraft and for ensuring that the CareFlite aircraft remain in an airworthy condition on a twenty-four (24) hour as needed basis. AMT#8217;s work collaboratively with pilots, medical staff and CareFlite Managers to ensure that the organization#8217;s mission is accomplished and that there is sufficient communication regarding aircraft status to accomplish the mission. Duties:
- Performs maintenance, inspections, repairs and modifications in accordance with FAA regulations, manufacturer#8217;s recommendations and CareFlite maintenance policies and procedures.
- Utilizes CareFlite maintenance resources appropriately to accomplish required tasks and optimize in-service time for the aircraft. Utilizes appropriate technical data.
- Orders anticipated parts, lubricants, etc. in sufficient quantities to ensure no aircraft downtime for these items. Utilizes appropriate CareFlite policies for ordering and storing aircraft parts.
- Completes required documents, such as DMRs and inventory sign out forms in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complies with CareFlite tool control and FOD policies.
- Maintains and secures maintenance equipment at the hospital helipads.
- Maintains in status all maintenance manuals kept at helipads, including but not limited to, manufacturer#8217;s maintenance manuals, CareFlite maintenance manual, Airworthiness Directives, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze problems and reach acceptable, workable solutions.
- Incumbent(s) will actively participate in quality assurance/improvement activities as directed by their supervisor. Each incumbent will acquaint themselves with the quality assurance surveys and/or quality improvement projects, which affect their practice and adhere to the standards or changes implemented. Each incumbent will provide feedback in a positive proactive manner on quality assurance/improvement activities that impact their practice.
- Keeps work areas and break areas neat and clean.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Valid Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Certificate
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledgeable of Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) regulations related to maintenance in Part 135 operations.
- Two years of maintenance experience on appropriate type of aircraft (helicopter and/or fixed wing)
- Experience in supporting 24-hour EMS air ambulance operations preferred.
- Proficient English language skills and ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain tact and diplomacy skills in high stress situations.
- Knowledge of helicopter maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of appropriate use of tools used for helicopter maintenance procedures.