Helicopter Quality Inspectors- Philadelphia, PA
Quality Control Inspector#8211; Philadelphia, PA Aviation POSITION SUMMARY:Performs inspection of aircraft, components, assemblies, tools or parts during modifications, installation, service, or overhaul to determine airworthiness, safety or conformance to approved data and Company standards and requirements. Responsibilities:
- Performs inspection of aircraft, or parts during modifications, installation, or overhaul to determine airworthiness, safety or conformance to approved data and Company standards and requirements.
- Return aircraft and aircraft parts to service.
- Interprets and checks prints, both hard copy and electronic, engineering changes orders and governmental regulatory procedures and specifications.
- Reviews data for major alterations and repairs, complete FAA form 337 and submit to FAA for field approvals.
- Review of completed work orders.
- Airworthiness Directive research.
- Contract maintenance audits.
- Logbook entries.
- Interface with FAA.
- Experience in writing Repair Station Manual revisions (writing skills).
- Knowledge of audit reviews and associated corrective actions (investigative skills).
- Perform aircraft transfer inspections from Part 21 to Part 145 (documentation review).
- Perform other duties and fulfill other responsibilities as assigned.
- Technical knowledge in the fields of mechanics, hydraulics, electricity, sheet metal, rigging, instruments, test flights, etc to determine and sign off safety, airworthiness, or conformance.
- Must be pro-active and team and detail oriented.
- Must have good working knowledge of FAR Part 145 and related areas.
- Must possess experience in Microsoft Office suite.
- High school degree A&P license is required IA license is a plus
- Minimum 5 years hands-on quality control inspector on turbine helicopters in a Part 145 Repair Station environment
- 5 years hands-on turbine helicopter maintenance experience
- College degree or Technical writing a plus.
Quanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer