Technical Support Specialist - Engines
SUMMARY Coordinates with AAR interdepartmental teams to meet operational needs and enhance operational efficiencies in order to support AAR Airlift contractual obligations in a safe, compliant, and efficient manner. Provide technical support of aircraft engine system to reduce or eliminate recurring defects, improve performance and safety. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop project proposals with regard to engine modifications to meet operational needs, increase efficiencies, and safety.
- May lead or deploy with a modification or repair team in the field.
- Review and interpret AD#8217;s, SB#8217;s and other technical data. Provide an action plan to execute initial implementation for specific engine or implementation as a fleet wide campaign.
- Provide technical support for maintenance and operations department by interfacing with OEM Technical representatives Reps, D.E.R#8217;s, and AAR Airlift engineering as required.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and solutions for chronic aircraft discrepancies or failures.
- Provide technical assistance to other AAR departments pertaining engines systems and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the writing of technical proposals.
- Assist with internal/external audit responses.
- Acts as liaison between the production and engineering departments.
- Stay current with aircraft market trends and fleet specific issues pertaining to fleet type in operational theater which AAR Airlift operates in order to increase performance and reduce overall operating costs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE
- B.A./B.S. from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current FAA issued Mechanic certificate with both Airframe & Powerplant ratings is required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE Required
- Ten (10) years experience rotary wing/fixed wing aircraft in a Commercial and/or military maintenance environment as a program manager, maintenance manager or lead technician.
- Five (5) years powerplant experience.
- Understanding of communications systems.
- Maybe required to travel to customers sites.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to read and interpret Wiring Diagrams.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering documents and blue prints.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer maintenance tracking programs.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must have excellent technical presentation skills.
- Intermediate level skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Power Point, Visio).
- Part 135 experienced.
- Five (5) years field operations in the following fleets (or equivalent): Sikorsky (CT7-8A), Eurocopter (Turmo IV C engines), Bell (PT6T-3B engines).
- Five (5) years experience in Turbo-prop Aircraft in the following fleets. DHC-8 (GE-CT58 engines), CASA 212 (TPE331- 10 engines
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. CORE COMPETENCIES