Maintenance Test Pilot AH-64D
Job Summary Position is responsible for performing test flights and demonstrating aircraft proficiency upon completion of aircraft maintenance or modification on AH-64D, helicopters.Principal Accountabilities
- Perform test flights to demonstrate aircraft proficiency.
- Interpret meteorological data as it pertains to filing a flight plan for the navigational course of flight needed for a mission or sortie.
- File flight plans for all flights using flight enroute / letdown charts and plotting maps and any other authorized navigational processes.
- Compute weight and balance logs for the aircraft being flown.
- Initiate and complete all military flight or maintenance forms as directed by the UAE Armed Forces to document maintenance test flight completion and discrepancies.
- Perform Aviation Safety Official duties.
- Communicate, troubleshoot, advise and work side by side with UAE Pilots, CoPilots and Technicians.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to interpret meteorological data as it pertains to filing a flight plan for the navigational course of flight needed for a mission or sortie.
- Proven ability to file a flight plan for all flights using flight enroute/letdown charts and plotting maps and any other authorized navigational processes.
- Must be capable of computing weight and balance logs for the aircraft being flown.
- Working knowledge for operating navigational and communications equipment installed on the aircraft being flown.
- Must also be familiar with requirements of Flight Manual 1-300, Army Regulation 95-1 and Army Regulation 95-20.
- Proven knowledge of all bold face safety requirements for compliance of any in-flight/ground emergenciesencountered.
- Must be familiar with requirements of Flight Manual 1-300, Army Regulation 95-1 and Army Regulation 95-20
- Possess and maintain all Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) credentials as a fully licensed pilot. Credentials must support authorization to pilot the type of aircraft designated in the Basic Contract Task Order, as well as all other qualifying experience consistent with AR 95-20 requirements.
Experience & Education
- Must have a minimum of five years experience in maintenance test flight operations of military tactical aircraft weapons systems. Must possess the appropriate FAA
- Commercial Pilot#8217;s License for the type of aircraft being flown, as well as all other qualifying experience consistent with AR 95-20 requirements.
- Must be a graduate of U.S. military rotary wing flight training program and the appropriate Maintenance Test Pilot Course for the aircraft being flown.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Is required to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, crouch and work in tiring and uncomfortable position.
- Frequently lifts parts and equipment up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifts objects up to 50 pounds. Most heavy lifting is accomplished through the use of mechanical devices.
- Must meet the flight time and physical requirements to pilot the designated type of aircraft in accordance with FAA and U.S. Military minimum requirements.
- As required in support of task order.
Disclaimer The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract CompliancePrograms).