Helicopter Ground School Instructor
Job SummaryThe Helicopter Ground School Instructor provides class room instruction to students.Principle Accountabilities
- Provides classroom instruction in RSAF 412.
- Provides classroom Instruction in RSAF 412 NVG
- Provides classroom instruction in external load, slinging and procedures.
- Provides classroom instruction in RSAF 412 hoisting. .
- Provides classroom Instruction in RSAF 412 Search and Rescue Land and Sea
- Provides classroom Instruction on Helicopter Emergency Training in RSAF 412
- Provides classroom Instruction of instrument Flying in RSAF 412
- Provide classroom Instruction in mountain flying procedures in RSAF 412
- Develops Instructional courseware materials (student workbooks, electronic media, lessons guides, lesson test, lecture notes, wall charts, and other training aides)
- Revise/update instructional materials as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Expert knowledge and experience in Mountain Flying.
- Knowledge and experience in Hoist Rescues.
- Knowledge and experience in external under slung loads.
- Knowledge and experience in SAR land and sea.
- Knowledge and experience in instrument and desert flying procedures.
- Experience in multi-engine helicopters and Bell 412 helicopters.
- Experience of the development and use of prepared presentation materials for use in class room.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Systems Business Suite.
Experience & Education
- Minimum of ex military Flight Instructor.
- RSAF 412 Qualified (Glass Cockpit Experience).
- NVG Certified.
- Certified to Teach Flight Instructors.
- SEFE or Flight Examiner Qualified.
- High School degree with an AS preferred.
- Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions for 50% and 50% in the hanger.
TravelLess than 5% a yearDisclaimerThe above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.EXECUTIVE ORDER 11246 Prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, or national origin and requires affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees treated, without regard to race, sex, color, genetic information, religion, or national origin. (Enforcement Agency: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs).