MD-500 Helicopter Maintenance Instructor
Location: Mesa, AZ and AfghanistanType: Salary ExemptPay Rate: Starting salary is commensurate to the demands of the position with excellent benefits package.Job Summary:This individual will serve as part of a training team supporting the Afghanistan National Defense (AND) and Security Forces for rotary and fixed wing aircraft in Afghanistan. Individual will be required to travel, live and work in government facilities and lodging in austere and potentially hostile conditions. Work efforts will follow a rotational cycle between the origin location (Mesa, AZ) and the training location (Afghanistan). Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supports a training program
- Provides instruction to team on MD-500 Helicopters
- Assists in maintaining training file for all aviation maintenance personnel
- Develops new training materials and methods
- Adjust work schedule to support training
- Travel to various locations overseas
Knowledge & Skills:
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Prefer an outgoing personality with good communication skills and the ability to instruct students in this field of study
- Experience training foreign nationals preferred
- Previous experience as a MD530F maintenance instructor in Afghanistan or Iraq preferred
- Rotorcraft experience particularly in the MD500 product line preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of hands-on experience in aircraft maintenance. DoD Maintenance Organization experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years documented training experience at a Military Training Command or its equivalent
- Current FAA A&P certificate holder
- DoD Instructor Certificate or equivalent
- Fluent in English language
- Good writing skills and experience with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word computer programs
- Hold or be able to obtain a Personnel Security Clearance at the SECRET level
- Must be able to obtain passport for or hold a current passport with a minimum of 12 months remaining.
- Acceptable completion or drug screening & background check requirements
- Ability to travel overseas for several months at a time
Benefits include:401(K) Plan with Employer Match, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid PTO, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Life insurance, Short term and long term disability, Full Holiday Schedule and more.This company, its subsidiaries, and joint ventures will provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, political affiliation, protected veterans status, or sexual orientation. All selection, hiring, and promotion decisions will be based on valid job related requirements consistent with performance of the essential functions of the position. This policy is in keeping with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Equal Pay Act of 1963, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1988, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Acts, as amended, and other applicable federal and state laws.Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given qualified to the Corporation#8217;s Shareholders, Alaska Natives and American Indians in all phases of employment.